Tourism Health Seal
We will provide the following training to all our employees:
All Employees received information and / or specific training on:
- Internal protocol relating to the COVID-19 outbreak
- How to comply with basic precautions to prevent and mitigate the spread the infection COVID-19, including the following procedures:
- Basic hand hygiene procedures: frequent hand washing with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitiser with at least 70% alcohol covering both hands and rubbing them together until they are dry
- Respiratory etiquette: cough or sneeze into your bended arm or use a paper handkerchief after which it should be immediately disposed of. Always wash your hands after coughing or sneezing and after blowing your nose. Also avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with your hands.
- Social contact procedures: maintain physical distance, avoid close contact between colleagues and clients, hand shaking, kissing, shared work places, face to face meetings and sharing food, cutlery, glasses and towels.
- How to comply with daily self-assessment aimed at measuring fever (measure your temperature twice daily and record the value and time) and check if you have a cough or breathing difficulties.
- How to follow the Direção Geral de Saúde (Directorate General for Health – DGS) guidelines for disinfecting surfaces and laundry in hotels and tourism accommodation.
We will provide the following information to all our clients
- How to comply with the basic precautions for the prevention and control of infection in relation to the COVID-19 outbreak
- Internal protocol related to the COVID-19 outbreak.
We have the following equipment
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) in sufficient numbers, for all our employees
- PPE available to all our clients (maximum capacity of the establishment).
- Single use cleaning materials in stock proportional to our requirements, including disinfectant wipes, bleach and 70 alcohol.
- Alcohol based antiseptic or alcohol based solution dispensers, at each floor, near entrances/exits and at the entrance of the restaurants, bars and shared toilet facilities.
- Non-manual waste collection bin.
- A room to isolate people suspected or infected with the COVID-19 virus, preferably with natural ventilation or a mechanical ventilation system, with washable outer coverings, bathroom, stocked with cleaning materials, surgical masks and disposable gloves, thermometer, handsfree waste bin, bin bags, bags for used clothing, a supply of water and non-perishable food.
- Liquid soap and paper towels should be available in the toilets.
The establishment assures
- All surfaces where people, employees and clients have contact are washed and disinfected in accordance to our internal protocol, ensuring the control and prevention of infections and antimicrobial resistance.
- All surfaces and objects liable to be in touched are cleaned several times a day (including light and lift switches, door knobs, cupboard handles).
- Preference will be given to damp cleaning, as opposed to the use of a duster or vacuum cleaner
- Enclosed offices and spaces shall be aired regularly.
- The disinfection of the swimming pool, or other equipment in SPAs / wellness areas (where applicable) will continue as a standard procedure, water will be replaced and chlorination will continue as defined in our internal protocol.
- The disinfection of the jacuzzi (where applicable) is done regularly by replacing all the water followed by sterilisation with an adequate quantity of chlorine, in accordance with internal protocol.
- Where food is served an increase in the cleaning of utensils, equipment and surfaces and avoidance of direct handling of food by clients and employees will be implemented.
Our internal protocol for cleaning and sanitation assures
- The definition of specific care for changing bed linen and cleaning in the rooms, carried out in two stages with spaced intervals and with adequate protection according to the internal protocol.
- The removal of bed linen and towels is performed without shaking, rolling it from the outside in, avoiding contact with the body and taking it directly to the washing machine.
- The washing of bed linen/towels and employees uniforms will be done separately and at high temperatures (around 60C).
We will provide the following services
- There will always be an employee responsible for following the necessary procedures in the event of a suspected case (including escorting the person to the isolation area, providing the necessary assistance and asking them to contact DGS).
- In accordance with DGS recommendations the isolation area will always be decontaminated after a positive or suspected case of infection, in particular frequently touched surfaces.
- The storage of waste produced by those suspected of infection will be placed in plastic bags, sealed with ties and then be disposed by a licensed provider that deals with the management of hospital bio-hazardous materials.
- Daily self-assessment aimed at measuring fever (measuring temperature twice daily and recording the value and time) and check if your colleagues have a cough or breathing difficulties.